Bluetooth mouse issue...

Hadi432

Beta member
I use a bluetooth usb dongle for my ACER Aspire laptop.

Recently I bought a Speedlink Bluetooth mouse and connected with the dongle and it instantly got detected and paired with the computer and worked smoothly for over a week. However, after a couple of days of not using the mouse and turning on the laptop the mouse stopped working as if it was never paired with the computer.

I tried removing the HID mouse driver from bluetooth devices in order to re-pair it with the computer but it didn't come up in the search for bluetooth devices through the dongle.

I restored my PC to an earlier date which only brought back the HID mouse icon in the bluetooth devices folder but didnt make connect the mouse.

Also, taking out and putting back in the bluetooth usb dongle installs the right drivers every time and they show up in the device manager. but to no actual avail.

The batteries of the mouse are new and I've tried turning it off and back on. tried putting it in pairing mode where the light under it blinks but the bluetooth usb dongle doesn't detect the mouse in the search bluetooth devices.

P.S. the mouse works fine on my friend's laptop. and my usb bluetooth dongle has a headset connected to it so the hardware seems to be fine.

Just the mouse that is not connecting, PLEASE HELP!

Back
Top Bottom