Bluetooth/Motherboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcparts4every1

Baseband Member
I have a MSI 655 Max motherboard, i read my manual,from front to back,and this was not covered...my computer has a bracket in back and on that bracket is a sticker that reads: Do Not Remove When Using Bluetooth
and then right beside that is 1 usb port,my question is...is that a built in bluetooth adapter,or do i need to purchase a bluetooth adapter and plug it in to the usb port beside that sticker?

My MSI driver cd has software for Bluetooth that i installed,is there a way with win xp i can see if its working/built in without buying another bluetooth adapter and actually hooking it up to persay my laptop?

I did write to the MSI tech support,but as usual..no response

i dont have wifi, but i imagine the device would prolly show somewere like... controle panel/syste/hardware/device manager/network adapters.

or go to, /start/settings/network connections... there maybe a icon there indicating a bluetooth device.

or if u search MSI's site for your bourds specs, it would prolly be listed there aswell.

when i go to network connections it shows "local area connection 3" and says under that : Network Cable Unplugged,Bluetooth Lan Access Server Driver...which is kind of telling me it is built in,but since i have nothing else here with bluetooth it cannot make any type of connection...but im not sure,i want to find out before i drop money on bluetooth usb adapters since the only place around here that has them is Circuit "Jerk-it" City at $49.99 each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom