Bluetooth Buffers - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Bluetooth Buffers

Hello everyone,

I'm on an engineering team at my university and we're working on a senior capstone project. We're trying to communicate between an iPad application and a police-style radio via Bluetooth. The file sizes that will be transmitted between the two will be very small in size (KBs). I'm probably going to implement some sort of flow control (since the radio uses serial, which has a much slower data rate than a Bluetooth data rate). But another option, instead of flow control, could be to just have the whole file fit in the Bluetooth's buffer. That's where the problem is.

I can't find anywhere online how large Bluetooth buffers are. In this project, the model of the Bluetooth module is cB-OBS414 (from the company connectBlue). The data sheet can be found here:
cB-OBS414 Electrical Mechanical Data Sheet - Bluetooth Serial Port Adapter - Confluence

Would anyone be able to tell me the size of the buffer on this device? They seem to want to keep this information secret or something.

Thank you!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Bluetooth Buffers

No one has any incite/information regarding this?

Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Tech-Forums is here for informative purposes only. We are not here to help bypass, or otherwise negate, security or any other measures put in place by a Employer, School or Parent. We are not here to do your school work for you either. We will help explain results or help you to find information to get results but we will not flat out give answers to homework or school work questions. School is for learning. Getting the answers handed to you is not going to help anyone in the end. Any topic of such matter will be instantly closed.
Maybe people don't post because they don't exactly know.
__________________ Steam Account
Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thank you for informing me that school is for learning, but this question is purely for informative purposes. If no one knows anything about this, some suggestions on how to find out would be helpful.
Closed Thread