Blue Screens O' Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those. :)

I've been running memtest86 now for 9 hours 40 minutes. It's made 50 passes. How many does it do in total?

Still no errors by the way.

"Memtest86 continues executes indefinitely. The pass counter increments each time that all of the selected tests have been run. Generally a single pass is sufficient to catch all but the most obscure errors. However, for complete confidence when intermittent errors are suspected testing for a longer period is advised."

Bugger... does that mean for the past 49 odd passes I've been wasting my time, and that this stick is in fact perfectly fine?

yeah i think so but i think it was good that u did the whole time which means u get a definent answer if u did in quick it could of turned out wrong and it could have said perfectly right when it was wrong if u get what i mean

Right well that definitely shows I have one flawed stick of RAM (that's currently sat in a static bag well away from anything I value), and one decent stick of RAM.

Since I was running that flawed stick since this computer was built it'll be interesting to see if computer crashes become a thing of the past now.

Well I can wish can't I? :D

Vitriov said:
Right well that definitely shows I have one flawed stick of RAM (that's currently sat in a static bag well away from anything I value), and one decent stick of RAM.

Since I was running that flawed stick since this computer was built it'll be interesting to see if computer crashes become a thing of the past now.

Well I can wish can't I? :D
yeah hopefully those crashes become a thing of the past no more Blue Screen' O Death

Well no crashes so far, it's going quite smoothly, albeit on half RAM.

I've gotten onto Aria about replacing the old stick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom