Blaster Worm/ PC Rebooting Continuously

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelldawn

Solid State Member
I have a PC with the Blaster Worm and while working on the repair it beagn rebooting without my input. It won't go past the Windown screen and when I try safe mode it doesn't make it that far either. I can't run any of the patches because I can't get into windows or even a dos prompt. Any suggestions?

Id try and make the bad drive a slave and make a new master.Retreve what ever you dont got saved and format.

Could try reloading windows and choosing repair.Not much.Sure someone else got better.

try obtaining a boot disk with norton Antivirus or AVG Antivirus or any other antivirus, with the latest updates to scan and fix your system before windows bootup

Blaster Worm/PC Rebooting Continuously

1. The master /slave drive idea is my last resort.

2. I tried the antivirus boot disk from McAfee, but when I run the scans it says there are no files on the local drives to check. The help file says it won't work on NTFS partitions. Does anyone know a similar program that will?

3. And I have the fix for the worm but can't get to a dos prompt to run it or the security patch because of the rebooting problem.

Any other ideas anyone?

Maybe you could use Partion magic to partion your bad drive.Have a duel boot drive and just fix it.That away.

Probably cause NFTS when your not logged on it is encrypted i think.To tired to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom