Blank screen and no bleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

kop442000

Beta member
Please can someone help me.

My computer has always been fine, but the other day, I turned it on, and the fan kicked in etc, but the screen stayed black, and didn't seem like it was connected to the computer. I thought it might have just been monitor cable that came out or something.

I left it that night, and tried again in the morning, making sure everything was plugged in properly. It started ok, in safe mode, but then it just randomly restarted itself, and then the screen stayed black again like before. Not it was hit and miss whether the screen would stay black, or come on, but because of having to do the hold-the-power-button-for-8-seconds switch off thing, when it did come on, it said that a file was missing or corrupt. To cut a long story short, it now won't come on at all, so I don't have the opportunity to fix it. It is definately not a monitor problem, cos I have borrowed a friends computer, and it works fine with this monitor.

How do I even begin trying to fix my problem, if the screen is black? (Also there is no bleep at the beginning, and I am running XP).

I have files that I really need on there, so any help would be very very gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance for any replies posted.
kop442000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom