Blank Comp, Missing CD ROM drive, Help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightwolf

Solid State Member
Hey all. The other night my computer was diminished down to its A: drive (floppy) and my partitions were destroyed (It was running Windows 98 Upgrade). I managed to put MS DOS 6.0 on it and create a new partition. so now I have a blank computer, it's got a brand new, clean C: Partition. But my CD ROM drive D: is missing. It's not recoqnised so I cannot boot with it in order to put an OS back on the computer. It's not the original CD driver that the computer (Gateway 2000) came with. It's a NERO driver and I still have the NERO CD. Is there any way I can get it back with just a partition and my floppy drive with MS DOS ? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

nitestick said:
have you tried using a 98 boot disk and booting into command prompt with cd support. try it and see if you can install from there. try running auto-detect from the bios setup. check the ide cable. did this just happen randomly or where you trying something and had it all go wrong?

I don't have a boot disk. period. When I put a CD in, it says boot error because it's not there. And I had it happen when I was trying something and it went all wrong. Basically, my CD ROM drive's not there. I can't use it for anything right now. Because it won't recoqnize anything. Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom