Black Screen of Death???

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
During warcraft 3 ROC, i was about 40 min into the game and my entire system just basicly died to a BSOD "black screen of death" Anyone have ANY ideas as to what could have caused this? Its XP Pro, which ive only heard about this once before but it was a long time ago, and i know its not a tempeture issue because Core Center would have warned me of a temp that would have been high..... Oh and i couldnt get the system to turn off with the power button for 10 seconds, so i had to flip both power switchs in the back to shut down.....

no im talking about a black one duh :p The game actully crashed to a black screen, not a blue one, its just the first time ive ever seen or heard of this happening....

Did the computer start?

I've only recieved the black screen of death once...

And now I can't start the computer. My message said "BAD BIOS CHECKSUM"

If you can start the comp again, be thankful... If you can't, tell us now and we can help you troubleshoot it. I spent 12 hours troubleshooting mine over 2 days after talking to ASUS technicians (which i discovered i know more then them)

ohhhh snaps that reminds me of something thats your cpu you fed up becuase something like that happened to mines and it wouldnt shut off so i just got lucky to have a second cpu

If it doesn't happen agian, you should be ok.

Was there a message that appeared on the black screen?

And btw, My computer is dead, and I'm still here... hehe, friends laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom