black screen crashes...now comp is dead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try unhook those unimportant fans, for example the case fan or those CD or DVD rom, and try a several times to see if the heatsink fan and display card fan works okay.

if they works fine in all trys, then should be the PS.

otherwise, are the fans u have to worry about. however I don't think it is the case. :D

glad it helps.:p

Hey guys, i've been reading around the forums and i found this thread: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=22031
Read up to the 'Clearing BIOS' part
The bigger problem, and one I came across recently, is when BIOS won't even boot - you get the black screen of death.
Do you think i should try this or is it irrelevant to my problem?
The fan still spins on my PSU, so im abit confused as to whether something else is causing this... :confused:

in that case, try to do a BIOS recovery.... not the usual BIOS update

I know for sure INTEL have a seperate BIOS file for recovery and a different one for update (not sure about other brand MB), and in ur case, a recovery is the way to go.

or u can post ur MB so I can dig in a bit deeper for u :)

Oh well, i went ahead with the above and took out the cmos battery. Left it out for a couple of minutes, then slot it back in, power on to no avail :angry: Comp is as dead as ever :(
As for most of you guys suggesting that it's my PSU, im not sure now as the fan works and it powers up my hd LED and my dvd-rom light flickers upon switching on - there's just no beep and it eventually goes quiet after a few seconds :confused:
ive no idea how to do a bios recovery and i dont think that's leading anywhere so im completely stumped now :confused:
*sighs* Maybe will have to call in some gay techie to sort it out :amazed:

some n0Ob said:
I had this rather serious problem where the pc would automatically crash to a black screen. Whether it was while im surfin the web or in a game, the monitor would suddenly cut off. The LED on my monitor would start flashing orange and the one on my hd would change to a constant red. Then i would have to wait 10mins or 3 hours before i could boot the pc back up again :angry: .
Now it won't even boot up at all :( there is no beep when i turn it on, the cd-drive light starts flickering and all i hear is the fans then it gradually becomes silent.
Id heard this could be something to do with dust on the cpu heatsink, so i opened the hd and dusted it up (there was hardly any dust in it btw) yet it still refuses to work. Any ideas would be highly appreciated:D

I have the same problem with my IBM ThinkPad that is out of warranty... The screen is black and everything else works except the external. Any help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom