Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhampir

Beta member
Ok I am working on a friends Dell gx150 with integrated video card with windows 2000 pro o/s. The sceen on it is black during boot and doesn't act like it has a good graphics card in it. I have checked the memory just to make sure it was good and not causing the problem. It also seems to start up and run with no problem just no video on the monitor. So I put a graphics card in it that I have sitting here it is a ATI radeon 7K and put it in. To get it to work only problem I have is trying to get into the bios on boot up to try and change it over from being an integrated video card to being a pci video card. Any ideas since I can't see what im doing once I get into the bios on it. Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

open your eyes

if that won't help, use the manual and try to count how many times you gotta press the buttons to get into that setting. then hit f10 to save and exit. can take quite a few times... have fun. maybe u could also try to clear the cmos, although the defaul settings is prolly integrated video enabled.

I figured out the problem.. when the sound card and the video card went out it fried the mother board. ty for you suggestions and your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom