Birthday! What to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Alrighty. My birthday is coming up (April 12th).

My parents agreed to give me 40 bucks to spend as my 'present'. I will have about 40 of my own to spend by then also.

SO: I've got $80 to think about. I haven't spent any money on my computer lately so I figure it deserves it.

I definatly could use a new case.
I've been eyeing this one for almost a year now:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-163-018&depa=0
I've got fans/psu/etc already, of course. :D

Oh, then theres speakers. A new set of those would be nice. Prefrebly 5.1 and fairly and powerful... ('not weak')
These would do great:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=36-121-118&depa=0
Plus I would have a little left over.

And the third option. More memory. Definately needed.
Though this is a bit over budget, my brother said he would give me some money for my "temporary" (Yeah, right) 256mb of memory I am running now.
Woot, XMS PRO:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-464&depa=0

So what do you all think? The speakers are probably the least needed item, but they would sure be really nice (especially since music and music creation is probably taking 1/2 of my computer useage.)

I will probably order it along with a new GFX card my brother has been desperately wanting/needing that he will buy soon...

Uhh thats about it. Just tell me what you think, people!

Speakers big time because taht case looks like a black guys buttox but that is your opinion and the ram = to much for that much even thought it has great timings and corsair is the best and you use 1/2 of your computer with speakers so get that.

Speakers.

However try to find a used pair of studio monitors if your into production.

5.1 wont help production either (and it hinders it, your not working in surround for production of music)

Hey, I think its the best looking case for the money. It has just about the best air cooling I've EVER seen too. Blows the smack out of all those cheap retarded looking alien or robot or demon molded plastic flamboiant pieces of crap that you see all the time. But that's just my opinion :D
I would love to have a nice expensive LianLi or more expensive Silverstone... but of course, the budget does not allow.

as for the 5.1:
I do agree that monitors would be best. I have some but they're not "nice" (just KLH)
I can always change between 5.1 and 2.1 whenever I want. the other 1/2 use of my computer is gaming, so thats why I want the surround. I could probably get some monitors eventually... but that would be much later.
Probably when I have a separate computer dedicated to that purpose.

no offense, but $40 for a present? that's pretty small for a birthday present

anyways, i'd go with the ram if you had the money; if not, the speakers

Don't take everything for granted. He may be young... his family may not be the richest people in the world but I would take what I was given.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to talk.

I'd say go with the speakers. You'll probably get more enjoyment out of them than you would from the others.

If you are looking at cases, why look at one that already has a PSU? The PSU you already have is pretty good.

Besides, cases w/o PSU's are cheaper.

$80 byucks for speakers? You could get a decent set, especially if you want for a good sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom