BIOS update on Asus, need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello all, a friend asked me to update his BIOS on his system. I went to the Asus site and couldn't seem to manually find the BIOS, after downloading their tools I fired up the program and it offered to update the BIOS for me. I was offered a choice of 3 servers to download from, and the only one that seemed to connect was a German server. (I'm English speaking) Can I still run this BIOS update or is that going to Flash the thing in German?

My friends BIOS is 5 years old and really does need to be flashed.
Info is below, any ideas? It seems like the BIOS is english but the instructions on it are in German. Shrug. I don't want to mess this thing up ;)

Model: P4T
Version: ASUS P4T ACPI BIOS REVESION 1005
Chipset:i850

If anyone could even help me locate the MOBO drivers and BIOS file from the manufacturers website I would appreciate it. Either Asus website is difficult, or I'm an idiot. Probably idiot :)

Now I think I'm in SERIOUS trouble. Ok, I ran the Asus program and it connected me to a server, I FIRST saved my current BIOS data to a file, and THEN I downloaded the new file and saved IT as a file. I ran the ASUS program again and it loaded the new file, verified it was correct, erased the old rom AND ERROR! It booted me out. Now when I try to run the Asus Program to restore the previous BIOS it says unable to get Bios information and crashes!!! I'm guessing if I reboot the machine I'm screwed. I have the "Safe" BIOS info saved, how can I reset it????? This is my friends PC, I don't want to screw it up and force the guy to have to order another BIOS ROM. I won't turn the PC off, there HAS to be some way to fix this. I tried reinstalling the program and it crashes. I don't know what to do =(

When I try to install the ASUS program again I get "Setup program detected no ASUS motherboard, installation will now abort" Ahh man, someone have some ideas. I just know if I reboot this thing it will crash and probably never boot again. Like I said, I saved the previous BIOS, how can I reflash it??? I feel pretty bad about this.

I did NOT do anything the program didn't instruct me to do. It even verified I had the correct BIOS file first. I also did NOT remove the CMOS jumper or remove the battery at all. Hopefully someone can help me out, like I said, it's looking like when I reboot she will be dead. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom