Bios rom checksum error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer86

Beta member
This is the second series of times in the last year I've gotten a "bios rom checksum error" when I try to boot up my computer. Last time I got a new bios battery, and the problem stopped showing up, but now it's happening again. Could there be some kind of problem with my motherboard to make it use batteries faster, or anything else (assuming that once again a new battery would fix the problem)?

something in the bios is getting corrupted maybe.. what kind of motherboard do you have?

Welcome to TF Killer86!:D

That seems to have fixed it, thanks. I'm also having problems switching my Radeon 9600XT from 4X AGP to 8X AGP, and from what I've read, I need to change something in the BIOS. However, I cannot find anything in the BIOS to change dealing with this. My motherboard is a Mach Speed V400DBL. I don't know if you really could give me any real advice on this... but I just wanted to ask, while I wait on a response to the email I wrote to the Mach Speed support group.

It's set on auto, but it's darkened and I can't change it. Didi, I just updated it, following the instructions MicroBell gave me above.

It doesn't show anything, it just has an auto setting, that I can't even select to change. There is no other option displaying 4x or 8x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom