BIOS PW Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
In another tech experience i am trying to find an easier way to reset a BIOS PW instead of removing the CMOS or trying millions of backdoor keys that should work and waste time.

This is pertaining towards laptops since there allot harder to reach the CMOS, for some models its easy to get to. But my main question is that has any tech use a certain software to get rid of the PW, i google around for some but i dont trust any of them.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Hiren's BootCD has a few BIOS password removers. Only sure-fire way though is to clear the CMOS.

I binged/googled around and found this list of common pw's.
Manufacturer Password

VOBIS & IBM merlin
Dell Dell
Biostar Biostar
Compaq Compaq
Enox xo11nE
Epox central
Freetech Posterie
IWill iwill
Jetway spooml
Packard Bell bell9
QDI QDI
Siemens SKY_FOX
TMC BIGO
Toshiba Toshiba

Thanks for the info, i don't think you can access hirens when theres a bios password. Plus if 3 passwords don't go through then the computer will restart which is a hassle / annoying. I guess the best way is to remove the CMOS.

Thanks for the info, i don't think you can access hirens when theres a bios password. Plus if 3 passwords don't go through then the computer will restart which is a hassle / annoying. I guess the best way is to remove the CMOS.

If there's a BIOS password to access/edit the BIOS, yes you can. If there's a BIOS boot password, then no.

if it is a desktop one easy way will be creating a button to send a signal to short the clear cmos so whenever you press the button it will reset the cmos and i think it would be relatively easy to make if you know how to solder and make a jumper-like connector

Is this on a Toshiba laptop? If you you might be out of luck all together and have to use the BIOS password reset chip.

If there's a BIOS password to access/edit the BIOS, yes you can. If there's a BIOS boot password, then no.

Yes i forgot the first one, i generally see boot password protection. As for saxon i am talking about laptops in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom