Bios problem with HP Pavilion 7966

Status
Not open for further replies.

arieder

Beta member
Ok, i'm working on a friends pc, he has a whole bunch of crap on it, viruses, spyware...ect.. I told him I would fix it now the problem is, I want to format the hard drive and put XP back on it. The problems are, the cd rom is broke, so I am using the dvd drive, and the floppy is broke. I put my XP cd in and it dosnt boot, I know its bootable. So I was going to edit the bios but when the computer boots, most computer say press [f whatever here] to go to bios. Well his just goes automaticly to boot from hd after showing the HP logo stuff. No bios. Any ideas?

Please reply,
Thanks

go to bios

found the place where it has the option of "boot sequence" or something similar

set CD drive to first boot and disable all other boot options (hard disk, floppy, etc.)

sry if i'm not wording it right because my board is still on rma and i haven't worked on it for a while now

Yeah, but thats the only problem I have, I cant get into the bios, in most of the computers I work on they have a press f1 or whatever to go into the bios, it only shows the HP logo.

Thanks
-Aaron

I had an HP and sometimes when you turn it on it doesn't show the HP logo, but if you keep hitting F1 when you turn it on it should go into bios. BTW, it never said to hit F1 to go into bios.

Ya, the HPs are AWESOME! They have a full screen logo displaying their gimpness. Just press a bunch of keys, one of them will work. it's most likely going to be the F- keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom