Bios Flash/Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
I'm having trouble understanding what to do... As discussed earlier I have a motherboard on the way with a CPU following after. I need a BIOS update to use this CPU.

I downloaded the update to have ready for when the board gets here so I can take care of it before the CPU gets here.

What do I do with it?

I've seen the in windows bios updates which I've done but I haven't done an actual boot disk Flash before. Which is this?

The files downloaded for the upgrade are

AFUDOS (.exe)
flash (.bat)
79bf1p19 (.rom)

do I just run the exe in windows on the new mobo?
or do I have to full blown "dangerous style" flash it?

No, those files are meant to be booted on floppy/flash.

Doesn't the board have a BIOS Flash in BIOS settings, or press "F" key to start it? In that case, all you need is the ROM file, on a flash drive.

I have always done BIOS flashes this way.

do I just run the exe in windows on the new mobo?
or do I have to full blown "dangerous style" flash it?

I think your confused. Flashing your bios from within Windows is the "Most" dangerous way. When your flashing your bios you need complete stability. The Windows environment has to many processes going on at any given time and that makes it a flashing danger.

If you flash from a floppy make sure it's a new disk and I would run disk check on it before I ever copied a file to it.

burning a .iso of the flash to a cd or flashing from a flash drive is the safest method.

Without knowing anything about your motherboard I can't tell you anything about how to flash your bios. There should be some instructions at the manufacturers site.

Ok, thanks for the clearing up. Ok, well I tried following Foxconn's directions but I have an issue. I need to boot from CD or if possible MoMs way. I don't own a floppy.

Foxconn and everywhere else in the world sends me to bootdisk.com where I will be charged for the iso. I don't have the ability to pay for it. After all, all these upgrades are gifts. I know its only $4 but my paypal is frozen with my bank account cuz i'm out of a job.

Is there a free/shareware version or anything that can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom