BIOS flash required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I posted some time ago about having a BIOS reading of 1.72 VCORE voltage, despite the fact that it is set to 1.65V. I can't seem to get it to 1.65V, so would it be best for me to flash BIOS? If so, does anyone have a good link of how exactly to do this? Thanks for the help.

I doubt the BIOS will do anything, but it's worth a shot. I did notice temp differences between a couple modded BIOS's before....

Some fluctuation is normal, but yeah being at 1.65 and shooting up to 1.72 is quite a bit although I've had mine up at 1.825 and its show down to 1.76 before.

Thanks for the link man. I flash the BIOS to the latest version, and it didn't help. For some reason I'm still at 1.72V. Oh well, I've been like that for 6 months, so I guess I'm alright.

Nubius, thanks for the help as well. That must be what's going on here. I'm a little irritated because I bet it's making the chip run hot. Right now I'm idling at about 52 C. Yesterday I ordered a Coolermaster Aero 7+ Lite and some Arctic Silver 5, so hopefully my temps will be considerably lower in a couple of weeks.

Well my 2400+ XP, (because i had a 2400+ XP before I got this 2400+ XP-M) anywho, it would run fairly hot. Like 65C idle easily...once I got the coolermaster jet 7, the updated yet not really as good as the aero, it dropped to 55C full load, could just be a hot running chip period like mine was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom