bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDALOSS

In Runtime
. Also the next time you buy a computer i STRONGLY recommend that you check with this wonderful forum first, because these good people can probably lead you in the right direction, and get you something very nice for your money.

I have adell 466 and i keep getting amessage across the screen saying to enter the date andtime.Well i did all that but i still get the message.Do you have any ideas howto get ridof that. Somebody suggested i reset cmos But how do yo udo that on that machine
i cant even find th battery. Can somebody please sendme a picture of what the battery is supposed t olook like Or maybe aconfiguration pin on the board that i can change

It's a round circle battery. Looks like a Watch battery. And throw that dell away.

Sounds like your battery may be dying or dead. Like Desi said, it's a big watch battery, and also like he said, throw that Dell away. Build your own, it's better and more fun.

battery

Just where would this battery be located at. I havent seen no round battery.Is it real small or the same size as the other dells
Is it right aroundthe corner from the memory Is a chrome battery

Yeah, it's a circle about the size of a quarter. It just looks like an oversized watch battery, and yes, it is chrome. Just yank it for a few minutes and then put it back in. Make sure you note which way it comes out, as putting it in backwards can cause bad things to happen.

You are looking on the mother board correct? It will be on there and should be very easy to see. If you can't find it then go to www.dell.com and search for the manual for that machine.

How can you not find it? For most boards I have ever worked on it is in the lower right hand corner. I just remembered that some boards have the battery in sideway, your board may or may not be like that. ALL motherboards have a battery, it IS there, you just gotta find it. Like I said, it's about the size of a quarter.

Got a digital camera? Take a picture of it, post it, and I will tell you where the battery is.

Can you even get to your bios? If you can, just go to 'Load Defaults'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom