Who will come out victorious????

• Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted AMD because they seem to be ahead of the game. An AMD proc, with a 333 mhz fsb, rated at 1.83 ghz (barton core) runs as fast or faster than an intel 2.5 ghz model, which has a 533 mhz fsb (usually)

Also, ive noticed that their processors are much cheaper than Intel's. The top of the line P4, (extreme ed. or whatever) is almost 1000 bucks, depending on where you get it, whereas the top of the line AMD (which is 64 bits for future good-ness) is MUCH cheaper.

My three cents...

for the money AMD is a much better choice

if you dont care about the money then intel will be bringing out a 64 bit processor w/ the p5 comming out in 2k4

AMD is supposedly going to be redesigning the 64 bit processor it has out as of now so hold out on any 64 bit processors for at least 6 mo's to a year.

microsoft is supposed to be bringing out xp 64 in 2k4 also followed by longhorn which will most likely have to run both 32 and 64 bit apps.

as of now i would stick w/ a 32 bit processor until the software apps catch up to the 64 bit pc revolution which seems to be ultimately controlled by intel since microsoft seems to move at the pace of them rather than AMD.

My choice would be to get the AMD barton core 3200+ processor which runs about $375 to $350 depending on where you get one....get a good mobo, memory, graphics card, hard drive(s) and I would say your good to go.

i agree

sry i dont have enough intellectual talent to remember to say all the technical stuffs in a post. :)

Maxumum PC recently did a test between the AMD 64 (top), P4 extreme, and apple G5 dual proc, and the p4 barely won, by only an inch or so. I think that AMD did well in this "test" considering they did make a 64 bit proc when none of the benchmarks really were for 64 bit apps. The apple obviously got pwned, but thats probably because the apps it's made for havent even come out yet (dual processor apps)

oh well, no matter what i look stupid.

apples operating system is also unix based which is much more stable than any ntfs system....the 1ghz fsb on the g5 paired with excellent engineering inside the machine with a max memory capability of 8gb truely make it a work of wonder.....its just a shame they dont have near the software available that pc's do.

I didnt vote but i would vote for intel just because ive had really bad luck with AMD's. For the money though probably AMD is better but what you spend on the pentium you will spend that in fans trying to cool your AMD. Ive bought 2 AMD's in the past, one of them just flat out crapped out. Just stopped working. The 2nd one was for a friend and he didnt like it (dont know why).

the apple OS that runs on unix is faster, but pathetic. it is nowhere near as powerful as winXP. comparing max OS to winXP is like comparing win98/95 to winXP

very true...as far as features go...the unix based system is much more stable though....hopefully microsoft will get the core of their op. sys. to that level w/ longhorn....i guess we will have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom