Big-Time Stability Problem Abit SE6 G-Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Well as some of you know, i recently aquired a Abit SE6 and an 800Mhz socket 370 PIII from a garage sale for half a buck.

I made a system out of it, and installed Win2k on a 30gb seagate.

I have been lately having pretty bad stability problems - i can only surf the net so far and install some small programs without it totally locking up.

There are no hardware driver conflicts (at least according to Device Manager) and the 2x256MB generic memory modules went through 2 sets of the advanced checking from MemTest32 with no problems. I have about 4 of the same exact memory (numbers all the same) and all work the same. I tried a 460watt power supply (right now it has a 300w installed) and the problem still persists.

I tried to install CS and it died about 1/3 into the install most times. I finally got it to get through the process, and after some bad luck with the 1.5 patch installing, I found it locks just after it enters the "console" to start loading the game.

Temperatures are at a steady 30 Celcius.

I have the latest BIOS installed at the generic settings (except for time/date, of course.)

Any possible culprits?

mrzeeedler said:
you bought it for 50 centts might be the culprit? Theres probably a lot of problems like you said it was in the rain.

Well, I would expect it to light up like fireworks on the Fourth or have some huge overlying problem that allows it to not get anywhere in or past BIOS if the rain had affected it. Plus, it didnt really get rained on, it was just in a garage, near the door so it could have gotten some drops here and there.... plus i really made sure it was dry. 85 PSI of air does wonders at 3 inches away from anything :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom