big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewtal

Beta member
first let me tell u my configuration :
amd xp 2400+ at 2ghz, motherboard -> gigabyte kt600, 256ddr at 400mhz, geforce4 mx440 at 128 ddr tv out/dvi out, maxtor 40g 7200rpm, seagate 20g 7200rpm, cd-rom asus, 21' hewlett packard.
I am experiencing some problems .. when i am going to play some newer games it keeps restarting and blocking. I personally think that the problem is with the graphic card its made by palit daytona i think it sucks.. this is the problem .. i am sorry i bought it i was enthusiastic cuz its with 128ddr that was last summer. So now.. if anyone knows what can i do .. because i cannot sell it and the store i bought it from won't exchange it they say they will give me 5$ for it.. I want some answers.. if anyone knows for example how can i re-write its bios or if it is possible.. i have some programming skills, or any other thing that i can do to make it work. Please help!!! thanks.

P.S : sorry for my english

So the game crashes to desktop, or the system hangs? You should look into your drivers first, it may be an incompatability problem. It my be a heat problem with that overclocked CPU. Try turning it down and see if you still have the problem.

I agree with nvalhalla ...
U need to post ur CPU Temp ..etc.. It does sound like a heating up problem

if you've been running your computer like this for a year, it's unlikely to be heat realated issues, checking to see if it's the video card would be my first choice, then checking for virus, bugs, too much crap on your computer running, who knows... test things out, most likely any kind of video card you buy, will last more than a year.. at least a year and 1 month lol

so.. i bought the computer like 5 months ago.. the temperature is ok..i own like 5 fans. i have windows media center edition 2003 with norton antivirus 2004 always running they we're instaled like 4 days ago.. when entering in nfs underground for example.. i play like one game or sometimes i even cannot play .. it restarts or system blocking and nothing that i can do.. just restart.. i waited but nothing happens.. ctrl+alt+del nothing.. mouse cannot move keyboard stuck.. i don't know .. its odd.. i am trying to sell the graphic card.. i think this is the problem.. in here in my country.. the sallaries are so low.. i cannot afford to buy cool things.. so i am improvising as much as i can. thanks for the replies guys.
also.. the drivers are ok, latest drivers from their official web-sites, the windows is fully updated. THE CPU IS NOT OVERCLOCKED!!! its an amd xp 2400+ at 2ghz i bought it like that. no overclocking !!! -> maybe its another shitty thing i bought.. barton rulz :(

Have you installed any new hardware lately? I once bought some new ram and when I would try to run games my comp would reboot every time I tried to get into a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom