BIG computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagnozzi

In Runtime
I came home from work last night to find my computer at a blackscreen, figured power went out or something happened, oh well...

I restart my pc, and bios freezes. I restart, everything loads correctly in BIOS, then before it loads XP, I just get a plain blackscreen. I checked my PC Health status, CPU was running at 155F which is hot, and I don't know why it was, I have good fans/cooling in my tower. Now, I thought maybe I fried the CPU somehow, swapped in a working celeron 2.6ghz, did the same thing.

Where should I look for the problem? What could have happened? I'm gonna try and reset the CMOS now, any help would be appreciated

All parts brand new, all fans run. Just got my new hard drive in today, swapped it in and so far windows is installing. The other hard drive was a OEM white label, could it have crapped out?

last time i buy white label!

Snump said:
Maybe the CPU fan failed/jammed with dust and fried the CPU?

Nope... he said he switched em out and if the first one was fried the second one would have worked...

As for this topic starters problem.. you said you came home from work to find your computer with a black screen on it...

1) put it in sleep mode or turn it off before you leave
2) power surge??
3) just because the parts are new doesnt mean anything.. they can still be defective.. make sure all the fans are working properly before using your computer again...
4) was it connected to the internet?? maybe ..... i dont even know if this is possible but a hacker came in and formatted your hdd... but wouldnt that say no O/S found??

no way a hacker can "come into your computer" and format no less

I dont want to explain why this is impossible because of logic

I was thinking of power surge my self

Yes, it was connected to the internet.

All fans were working and still are, I just put XP on this new sata hard drive and all appears well, temps are good too. Swapped the cpu back in and it works fine.

I think it was the white label hard drive, i'll post again if it happens again, everything is working well, thanks :D

its still odd.... notice how i said im not sure if this can happen Kadahaf
Well.. good luck with your new hdd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom