The big "6600gt or ATI" decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
This is definately not an NVIDIA vs. ATI post and I will be very pissed if someone turns it into that! -

This is my big decision -

About a week ago I replaced my very dependable Radeon 9800 pro with a very scary XFX 6600gt.

I have seen practically hundreds of 6600gt agp problem posts on the NVIDIA forums!

Even after reinstalling Windows and updating to all latest drivers, the card still errored and would not let me play games using Direct3D (which is almost all I do), and not even benchmark!

I must make a decision NOW!

I desire the awesome performance and value of the 6600gt (for under $200) but would gladly go back to a working radeon card anyday.

I need to know the MOST dependable 6600gt agp card on the market for under $200 and i'm not considering overclocking.

If it nothing floats my boat I will go back to my very trustworthy friend, ATI.

I want to use NVIDIA but the 6600gt is souring my opinion.

- Find a dependable card and we will be life long friends

:D

eVGA builds the best NV based cards, but you'd be better off with ATI.

ATI is a pioneer in visual processing. You can't go wrong with them.

I have seen practically hundreds of 6600gt agp problem posts on the NVIDIA forums!
You've been seeing XFX problems mainly dude.. That's why I paid $199 for an eVGA versus getting an XFX for $165 because of quality. Hadn't had a single problem with this eVGA and after a week the memory has loosened up and allowed me to OC an extra 200MHz on the memory.

but you'd be better off with ATI.
Complete fanboy post santoast.

Get eVGA dude. Zipzoomfly even has it at $179.99 right now compared to neweggs $192.99

Plus zip has free 2nd day shipping, can't beat it

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322698

Hi Nubius. Am I allowed to be here provided that I respect the rules?

I ask because FrontSide was banned for ABSOLUTELY no reason.

I have heard evga is very good but has 900MHz memory

Leadtek is also good but a bit pricy

What about the Jaton card it has 1000MHz memory?

yeah the eVGA does have 900MHz, memory but I've gotten it to 1.1GHz stable now, and that's after a week of burn in...I might be able to push it a little more in about another weak or so.

Never heard of Jaton, so do you really want to take the risk of another crappy brand simply for a tad bit faster RAM?

your right Nubius, I could probably turn around and clock it to 1GHz memory anyway.

if no one knows of anything more dependable than evga (with the cheap doom 3 HS), than maybe I can just get past that awful heatsink and move on to numbers :confused:

thanks nubius:)

XFX is indeed no good, eVGA seems to be the favourite around here, I've installed a few recently and have recieved no complaints regarding them so they must be doing something right.

BFG is also pretty solid, and a lifetime warranty is pretty foolproof.

If ATi becomes your option, the x800XL is what you will want, a bit more pricey than the 6600GT but it's a superb card for its price. I'm not sure if you would be able to find one on an AGP interface though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom