The better speaker company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use home speakers and digital out from your computer. i do that on all 3 of my computers.

optical out can travel 500 miles or 5000 miles before it degrade

OK, just saw this thread and thought I would put in my two cents because I have been in the audio business for years. I have installed and tested more systems than I care to count. I have also been lucky enough to see and test some products before they come out (this was mainly in car audio). Anyways, about the sound card...yes, get one...if you value good quality sound, there is not one onboard unit I have heard that is as good as PCI ones. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS. It is amazing what the difference was. I also have Logitech Z-640s. These I consider mid range quality. The Z-680s I think are high quality...the best,..no. Of course the best is a real home theater system (bose is the best). But if you are looking for great sound, buy a Audigy 2 ZS ($90) and some Logitech Z-680s. Anyone who says they sound bad or even sound "midrange quality" has either bad hearing, or an onboard/bad sound card. There is my 2 cents. Feel free to disagree.

Regulus said:
Which company makes better speaker systems? Creative Labs or Logitech?
Not creative. I was at RPG Convention a few years back (CAN'CON), and there was the Unreal Tornament Game that was running down there. All top notch system with Creative Labs Sound Card and speaker systems. By the end of the 4 day event, there was a few of the speakers where not sounding the same, and there was a few that had that disturbing OZONE smell to them.

LOGITECH if you are no a budget but still want quality sound.
ALTECH LANSENG if you want to la$h out and spend money.

But make sure you are backing these thing up with some thing more that just an onboard AC'97 sound. Like Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS are really nice, otherwise they are a bit of a waste.

i have to concur with the audigy 2 zs, its sweet, but I now am very cautious with the logitechs after having to return them for having that annoying vibration to them in the subwoofer.

lev2323 said:
...I have been in the audio business for years. I have installed and tested more systems than I care to count. ........... Of course the best is a real home theater system (bose is the best).

lev2323 I was thinking you had some clout since you said you've been in the audio scene for awhile....until you made those remarks about "bose is the best". lev2323 I'll let you in on a little secret that audiophiles have know for years:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/830.html

lev2323 check out the link near the bottom of the thread if you have time. You will find it interesting reading material

Hey, you can say all you want about bose. Before I installed one in home, I thought there was no way they are that good. If you compare them with other brands of the same spectrum, they do sounds better. Are they worth the price hike, I really dont think so. But that was my point,..you can spend $1000 on a bose system and it will rock. But you can also get another brand for half price that is just about as good. I have known about the info in your link,...I dont really buy all of it. The bottom line is that people do not buy something that doesnt work. If there was the same speakers out there, just off brand, people would buy them. But that isn't happening. You can believe that Bose is good even though really expensive, or you can believe that people do not want to save money on an off brand and want to buy expensive speakers that dont work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom