Better fax solution

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
I currently fax using my printer's phone modem. It's slow, loud, and when it fails, I have to press ok on the dialog that pops up letting me know it failed. It's a really clunky system, and my PC doesn't have a built in telephone modem, so it has thus far been the only solution I could think of.

I have a magicjack I used to use and would now like to send faxes with. A coworker of mine has told me he is able to send faxes with it. I was wondering if anyone knew any software that could work in conjunction with the magicjack to send out bulk, say 5-10, faxes with.

from what I can see of that device and what you are wanting to do with it, I would say that there will not be any software that you can use with this, unless it has been made by the manufacturer, which I can't see that it has.

It appears to be a standalone analogue to IP Phone converter(using broadband/cable), which does not have a fax/modem built in.
this device will allow you to plug a fax machine into it
but I don't think you would be able to emulate a fax service from a PC and send it through this device while it is connected via usb.
and most people are stating that to perform the task of faxing from a computer you still need a fax\modem installed and that modem then needs to be connected to the magicjack

So you will need to have an actual hardware modem to perform this task.

For me the best option is to use an online service, it can take a little bit of shopping around to get a good price, but it is easy to use
At work we use services to allow us to send faxes and texts from our computers to customers
Maybe have a look at "email to fax" services and see if this would suite your need.

or just buy a fax modem for your computer and use the windows fax and scan software (windows 7)

I have a vonage for phone access, and my printer has the fax like your referring too also, I don't think it's going to matter if you use the fax modem on your printer, or a pc dial up/fax modem or just a plain fax machine.
It's has to dial out, do a "handshake" thing and send the data
An on-line service like Frosty is referring to would appear to be faster from your end....not as clunky

Back
Top Bottom