which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
simple question which comp is better
its either me build on for a friend or they pay for dell to build one.
concider this comp will be used mainly for gaming.

AMD 64 3500 939 pin
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (939)
Thermalright xp-120
MSI NX6800 128mb
Corsair 1GB ddr xms3200C2
Zalman 400W PSU
Sunbeam Transformer Gaming ATX case
Seagate barracuda 200gig SATA
total including shipping £998 (GBP)

OR.. ..
Dell XPS
P4 3.2gig
PC-4200 1gig dual channel
X800SE Pci-e
rest of specs :
http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_xps?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

this is £1150

can i have sum oppinions please.

I second that.

not only is the 3500+ way better than the 3.2, but the 6800 is much better than an X800SE (a.k.a. Sucky Edition).

what kind of effect will the pc4200 ram have? i dont know what brand this would be if branded at all (it is dell after all) and how about the pci-e wouldnt this give better upgradea options later on. how long will the 6800 last? is it worth payin the extra cash for the gt or ultra? or maybes the x800xt?

I am sure the PC4200 Ram would be Generic Dell Ram, whatever they put in all their systems. The Corsair XMS Ram is going to do a much better job than anything they put in their systems. I don't think that right now, there is much advantage if any, with PCI-E over AGP, its going to take a year or so for it to be fully utilized. Your 6800 is going to keep you fairly happy with all the new games coming out. Thats what I have, and its getting the job done nicely. But, I wish I had spent the extra $100 and gone for the GT, its very worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom