Best VCard for around 200$?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther5060

In Runtime
Im building a midline system for a friend and I can't decide on a video card for around 200$

basic specs:

Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester core
Abit AV8 K8T800 Pro Chipset mobo
512mb of PC 4400 OCZ RAM
Video card is unknown :(

So if anyone can find me a good vcard for around 200$ post a link here

(must be 256-bit)

it doesnt matter that its only 128 bit. really doesnt. It runs rings around any of the 9xxx series from ati ro any of the fx series from nvidia. im not sure on the price but i hear the x800xl i a great buy but im not sure how much it is exactly.

800xl is about 80$ over my granted limit, although if i skimp on the case and go with an air cooling system instead of water itd probably cover the cost...

the x800xl is about 100 more expensive, but worth it if u can afford it...

but, the 6600GT is certainly the best $200 card out at the moment. don't worry about the 128bit, i can tell you from experience it will run anything full quality today.

You won't find many 256bit cards for that price. If you do they will be "le" or "pro" versions and probably slower than the 128bit counterparts anyway.

Ok before I discuss the video card I want to say that your ram choice is poor Don't get 512MB or really good ram. Get 1 GB or whatever you can afford. 512MB won't be enough, 1gig is preferred.

So with that in mind get the 6600 gt probably or however you want to budget that.

Since you picked the 4400 ram that indicates you want to overclock. There should be some cheaper ram that will overclock reasonably and you can afford a gig of it.

The x800 xl is probably out of budget but it would be a nice upgrade.

Would also recommend a better motherboard if possible but I know you're on a budget so just work in what you can.

And does that board even support dual channel ram? If not that sucks, and you would need a gig for sure. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom