Best ram for under $130?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapishorrid

Baseband Member
I am wondering what is the best ram for under $130?

It has to be 1gig set (2x 512mb) dual channel.

It would be used with:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
eVGA 6800gt

I don't really know much of anything on how or about overclocking so, not sure if I will or not. This means don't base your choice on whether it overclocks well...or w/e you can, just what is the best ram for under 130 dollars?

GeIL 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail $113

CAS: 2
Timing 2-3-3-6

Since in Cas 2 you would get like a 5% increase in performance over ram that is cas 3. Lower the Cas the better but I never seen anything below 2.

cas latency effects stability more than it does bandwidth....differences between, 2, 2.5, and 3 are VERY minimal and nothing you'd notice in actual performance.

So mega expensive ram doesn't hold all that much advantage over value ram aye? Good news for me!

Just gotta figure out what is the best "value ram". Right now it's between Corsair Value Select and GeIL, because that's all that's been suggested. I have no preference of the two though.

EDIT: Oh and the OCZ Performance series. It looks pretty good to me, decent price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom