Best ram for 250 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the cheapest ram you can get, as if you are not overclocking the timings don't really matter. Make sure you get the fastest your motherboard supports, e.g. for AMD 64 range PC3200.

noo not the cheapest !! OH GOD ANYTHING BUT THE VALUE.. value is cursed i tell u !! ALL MY GAMES AND PROGRAM CRASH 24/7 cuhz of value ram =[ i reinstalled windows everything the works.. trust me dont ever buy PQI ram just buy like oc but stay away from value !! it left me of a curse to declocking my ram to pc2900 =[ just so it wouldnt crash anymore

foreverxyoung said:
noo not the cheapest !! OH GOD ANYTHING BUT THE VALUE.. value is cursed i tell u !! ALL MY GAMES AND PROGRAM CRASH 24/7 cuhz of value ram =[ i reinstalled windows everything the works.. trust me dont ever buy PQI ram just buy like oc but stay away from value !! it left me of a curse to declocking my ram to pc2900 =[ just so it wouldnt crash anymore

Your fault for not RMA'img the ram

Anyways, the corsair is cheap and good.

foreverxyoung said:

Yeah dude, your fault. You didnt run memtest, you probably had hella errors on those sticks. You shouldnt have to underclock ANYTHIGN to get it to work properly. You just got some bad sticks

Anyway, likie everyone said, dont bother spending a full 250 if you are not going to OC. You can get away PERFECTLY with RAM that is cheaper than $100 for a gig. Corsair is alright, I'm not very fond of them. Kingston is great on stock settings. Non oced, they are killer. OCed, they blow. TWINmos also makes some good sticks, and you could never go wrong with OCZ, although they are a bit on the expensive side.

RAM Ocing is NOT easy, it is definetely the most difficult aspect of overclocking. Since you dont know how, but are willing to spend the money on some good RAM, get the OCZ Platnium Rev 2's, they are some decent sticks. Or get some Mushkin Redline or Patriot LBA's.

hahaha wow you guys are right! value ram sucks i got some my self, i use to think memory was memory im soon to get a 1 gig dual channel pc3200 corsair kit overclock it, to its peak and its lowest most stable timmings, because all the games now days are really demanding a gig especially battlefield 2

ValueRAM dosent suck, why does everyone say that? Granted, it sucks for OCing, but not everyone with a computer is going to OC it! ValueRAM is more than adequate for the normal user, and usually will be fine for the average gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom