Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I Don't Care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would go with the 6600GT as its the cheapest out off all them i believe so u can just keep the rest of you money to put towards a new card when the new cores comes out. The 6600GT will easy do wat you need until then.

i would have to say the x800XL my friend. that damn littel card kicks ass casue for a mid range card it keeps up w/ the 6800GT!! i played w/ it (and ive owned a 6800GT before) and it pwned man. im an Nvidia fan boy but this little card is hot and will last you a very long time. price to pipe ratio is VERY good!

Hmm... As I said, PS 3.0 is an issue, but since I will be upgrading quite soon, it is not an issue for me...

I will probably just get the X800XL...

How can you "Unlock the pipelines"??

Thanks

Yan

ok so i waabout upgrading the ol` 5600ultra this summer maybe and now im at a stand still. i had my mind set on the new g70 mid-range or a 6600gt. But now your saying get the 6800 and unlock it and it will be better? uhhh, what should i do?

Well looking at newegg it seems like the AGP versions of the 6800gt are cheaper. But since we are looking at pci-e the cheapest pci-e 6800 gt I see is $349. Compare that to the cheapest pci-e x800 xl for $279 and I'm getting a $70 price differential.

I think you should go for the x800 xl myself.

I wouldn't recommend unlocking the pipelines. In some cases it might work but you have no way of knowing if they simply disabled good pipelines or if the pipelines they disabled were actually defective. So it's not something you can rely on.

The X800XL has no pipes to disable if thats the card you are wanting. It has all 16 pipes, which is a pro to the X800XL. The only negative to the X800XL is the lack of Shader Model 3, which is essential, but since you said your upgrading again before long anyways, it wouldn't be that big of deal.

I would recommend either the 6600 GT, or going for the X800XL or 6800 GT preferrably. Don't get a 12-piped card with the intent of unlocking the pipes.

6800GT ov X800XL is what it comes down to, I will have to decide this myself...

Thanks!

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom