• I Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
Hey all,

I am about to get a new, and very expensive computer, but getting the 6800 Ultra now would be stupid, as I plan on upgrading to the next generation when it becomes available.

So, I have narrowed it down to a few cards, so please don't suggest others: Which is best over all?

Thank you,

Yan Booth

The X800XL has the most Pipelines... And no, please don't bring PS3 into this... I know all about it & ATi Cards...

Yan

lets assume for a moment that PS 3.0 isnt an issue, i would go with the X800 XL

That is a wierd group of cards to compare. You either have 6800GT vs x800xl, or 6600GT vs 700pro. All together is kind of strange. If you really plan on getting the nex gen right away, just get the 6600GT.

If PS3.0 wasn't an issue, I would choose the X800XL. It is like a steal for the price when it comes to DX8.1 performance...it actually beats the 6800 GT in many benchmarks. Pixel Shader 3.0 is a reality though, so if you plan on keeping your card for a long time, I would definately go with a 6600 GT or 6800 of some variety.

6600GT no doubt, it only makes sense being as it will give medium-high performance on today's games and allow you to eke by until next gen comes in... and saves shitloads :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom