best hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinumcutie

Beta member
hey people I am new but I am gettin parts for a new really fast and can hold tons of info/ music files so what is the fastest of best hard drive to get? amd memory also I don't care about cost I mean if I can get the stuff like wholesale thats cool but if not no prob. can yall give me some good ideas? please thank u from Platinum Cutie

it really depends on ur motherboard? does it support SATA? u could get this one

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-148-063&depa=0

that is huge and u wont fill it very quickly, if u wanted to spend abit less just go for a smaller one. or if ur motherboard doesnt support sata get a ide version, but i dont think they do them that big so you woud have to settle for sumthing abit smaller :)

My preference is seagate but ppl on here like Western Digital and some like Maxtor, people have had problems with all drives just the luck of the draw really :)

well I have not bought anything yet but I want the best of the best I guess I have been to the web. site I looked at the 300GBMaxtor I have a WD80GB on this comp.

if money isnt an issue, i would get that seagate posted above, for movies/music/files.

then get a WDraptor to use for the OS/windows/installfiles.

I think that is the best setup also, a Wester Digital Raptor for your OS, and a Seagate for your storage drive. You can get the Seagate drives in all sizes, from 40 to 400 Gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom