Best Hard disk manufatrurer

Status
Not open for further replies.

becroydon

In Runtime
Who is the best for making hard drives?

i have always used western digital, but is seagate, maxtor or samsung any good?

With HD’s, you always get every manufacturer ‘slated’ sooner or later in posts like this, as one poor bugger has had one of their drives fly apart. From personal experience, I like Seagate Barracuda drives for reliability, and the Western Digital Raptor for data transfer speeds.

no one is best, no one is worst, if I have to give my opinion, then I have these drives:

Western Digital , Seagate, Maxtor, Hitachi

NOw my experience is:

Maxtor = loud
Hitachi = good
WD = very good and Quiet as well
Seagate = Quietest and excellant.

for just testing how their customer suport is: I mailed WD and Seeagate both (aking for soem informatin that I knew already), both have really nice sustoemr support (this is a very unlikely event you get proper customer support (ASUS is FINE example of WORST customer support)

specially I would like to thanks Seagate Personels, they arent good in products, but top of the class customer support as well.

i've had MAXTOR 4 a few yrs now. I haven't xped any prob at all & they're defenitely not LOUD!! that my op. itz yur choice. gd luck.

I had a maxtor once, and it shuts downs like an aircraft engine stops, i use ti think that it might be the processor's fan niose, so i never noticed it seriously, once I have to remove hard drive as I applied new thermal pad to my processor, and runned it for 2 hours as burn-in time without booting, and to my surprise, CPU's fan wasnt making a noise, then I came to know its the H/D that let others know that yes, I have shut down my system. as Now I have 4 times more powerful machine as before, and accordingly it shuld make more noice due to fans as its hotter, but its 3 times as quiet as my previous system, just because I am using S-ATA's this time and none of them is Maxtor.

Ive just bought a Samsung and I has a three year manufactuerer warranty Very worth consideration ! Registered when you download their H.Disk utility programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom