Best gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambone04

Solid State Member
Alright, I'm building a computer for my friend, and I know the types of things to put in there but I don't know what models for the stuff. So I am asking for your great input. Thanx

I know he will need to go with an AMD 3500+ and a mobo w/ 16x PCI Express, but like I said, I don't kno what else to really get.

Keep the price around 1000-1200, and this is without a montior. Thanx

does he want 1 PCI-E 16x slot or 2?
I would suggest the DFI NF4 Lanparty motherboard

2x512MB G.Skill RAM

Nvidia 6800 GT PCI-E (be careful not to get the AGP version if you get a PCI-E motherboard)

sound card: use the onboard sound of the motherboard, there is really not much difference between it and an Audigy

LG 4163B 16X Dual Layer DVD burner

case: anything you like, but if you get a cheap case with a PSU, do not use the PSU. one thing that's important is the power your computer gets. if you have a cheap PSU, it will often fluctuate, not deliver enough power, deliver too much, or fail completely.
I would suggest a PSU from Thermaltake, Antec or Enermax

Seagate or Western Digital 200GB Hard Drive - Seagate and Western digital make good quality hard drives

apokalipse said:

sound card: use the onboard sound of the motherboard, there is really not much difference between it and an Audigy

We need a laughing gif :eek:

The sound quality difference is tremendous and almost anyone can notice it. It also puts a strain on the CPU with intergrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom