best cpu heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zalman 7700cu - quiet fan, but extremly good
OR
Thermalright xp120 paired with a 120X120X38mm fan
OR
Thermalright XP90C paired with a 92X92X38mm fan

The last one will be the best, as it is all copper, and has heat pipes.

I agree with the Thermalright xp-90C being the best.

I personally have a xp-90C paired with a 92mm vantec tornado. Very loud fan but great at cooling. If noise not a issue that what I would get. only thing to check is make sure you have enough space in your case for a 92mm vantec tornado because they are taller then most 92mm fans.

If you dont want to deal with the noise of the vantec tonado 24/7 then you can do what I did and get a fan controller. When am not using the computer I keep the fan on it lowest setting (about 2400RPMS) but when I gaming I turn it up to max (about 5000RPMS). I recommend the VANTEC NXP-205-BK fan controller if you want to get a fan controller for it.

mgoldb2 said:
I agree with the thermatake xp-90C being the best.
So do I, but a note of caution however. It is very heavy. I would not trust something like it hanging off my CPU, thus I have an XP-90. Plus, it's almost twice the price as the XP-90, and there is only a difference of 2C at most.

003 said:
It is very heavy. I would not trust something like it hanging off my CPU,

Yeah I know the feeling. I try not to think about the fact that if somehow the xp-90C fell off my cpu it would land on my $500 video card.

yea i like the zalman ive heard really good things about that has a huge hs/f but the xp90 is also great any listed would suit u well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom