Which is the best Computer hardware online Store? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Which is the best Computer hardware online Store?

What i mean is which according to the members of this forum is the best Computer/components/accessory store according to you?
There seem to be so many from newegg, zip zoom fly,monarch etc etc

you can rate them on these terms

Product Quality -- 1-10 points
Delivery -- 1-10 points
Customer Service -- 1-10 points

Old 05-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

I'd give newegg a 10 on quality and a 10 on delivery (uber fast)...

I haven't needed to call customer service before so I guess I'd give that one a 10 also!

I can't judge which site is better because I have only used newegg but I'm quite happy with them.

Old 05-23-2005, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I would recommend www.zipzoomfly and www.xoxide.com also. I've used both and they are quite good.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

The "bests" around the forums are newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com as well as frozencpu.com

Frozencpu.com will ship to india as well
Old 05-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to MrBebop26 Send a message via Yahoo to MrBebop26

I like MonarchComputer, good site just ordered a lot of my stuff from them. TigerDirect to me, meh, I have gotten a computer case and HDD from them and both were perfect, in all catagories. But I got RAM from them, mind you very very cheep ram, and it didnt work twice but their customer service was outstanding and I got the new stuff right away, just waiting for the newest stuff to ship.

-Ryan
Old 05-23-2005, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to MrBebop26 Send a message via Yahoo to MrBebop26

Also a kinda downfall for MonarchComputer, they ship via FedEx, FedEx and I really HATE eachother, I HATE fexex, they have bad shipping in my experience.

-Ryan
Old 05-23-2005, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

NEWEGG
Product quality - 8 (They do sell some crappy products)

Delivery - 10 (Even their express saver shipping comes really fast - thanks to Fed-Ex also)

Customer Service - 9 (Website purchasing is super easy, but RMA's a a bit of a pain, as they are anywhere)

PRICES - 10 (Usually you won't find a lower price anywhere, and they always have specials)
Old 05-24-2005, 01:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ-CHRIS
The "bests" around the forums are newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com as well as frozencpu.com

Frozencpu.com will ship to india as well
Well thats not my criteria , prefer to get it shipped to my friends address in the us and india is quite a hot destination loads of ppl coming down here all the time from the us. Thanks for the heads-up though!!
Old 05-24-2005, 01:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

any of the stores mentioned can be trusted (err...well don't expect to receive rebates from tigerdirect; i wouldn't order from them anyways b/c of their low ratings)

btw, monarch is great.

Quote:
I don\'t play for fun, I play to win and winning is fun.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Newegg is realy well rounded.
Note- newegg.com and chiefvalue.com are basically the same .co , but thy have seperate deals on there website.

i delt with both Newegg and Zipzoomflys customer service variouse times, and id have to say. Newegg's customer service is a lot better.
I avoid ZZF now because of that, unless thy have something i need thats much cheaper then anywere else.

I never delt with Monarch's customer service, but like others. iv heard ppl say there customer service is pritty good, like newegg's.

I havnt realy delt much with eWiz.com either, But i have ordered and recieved a few things from them. I ordered from them, because if i can find variouse parts that i need that arnt Big weighing items, Thy have pritty competitive pricess on some items. and i can save a lot on shipping there because thy ship the items all at once in bulk and only charge you for overall shipping, not indevidual items.
============================

even if an item is free, i wouldnt buy it from Tigerdirect.com ,or Outpost.com

may people have a misconseption about Outpost, because its Online service for Fry's electronics. The B&M store is good. but Outpost.com is just as bad as Tigerdirect. Iv heard from variouse others how Outpost's customer service is horible like Tigerdirct. and Iv seen Deals on there own website, that are complete scam's with rebate turms and conditions contridicting the item itself. SO, if you live near a Fry's store, thats fine. But if you dont like me. Dont be fooled by the B&M Fry's store reputation, the good service doesnt transfer over to the online store.

Closed Thread