Best case (Need help deciding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue-monkey

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone,

I am building a computer, and, suprisingly, the case is turning out to be the hardest choice. First off, here is the parts I have selected.

CD/DVD
Samsung Black 52X32X52X16 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, Model TS-H492A/WBGH, OEM

RAM
PDP SYSTEMS DDR Memory 184-Pin 1GB PC-3200, Model PSD1G400 - Retail

Moniter
Rosewill R710J Black 17" Active Matrix LCD Monitor with Speakers - Retail

Mobo
ASUS "K8N" NVIDIA nForce3 Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 754 CPU -RETAIL

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 3400+, 512k L2 Cache, The Only 64-bit Windows Compatible Processor - Retail

Graphics Card
PNY nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, TV-Out/DVI, 8X AGP, Model "VCG6800GAPB" -RETAIL

Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 120GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model SP1203N, OEM Drive Only

If you have any suggestions for the stuff I have selected feel free to post. Now, I have sort of narrowed it down to a few cases, and I any suggestions would be welcome! My highest priority is cooling performance. (By the way, if you suggest a case not listed feel free to tell me!)

1) ANTEC ALUMINUM SERIES SUPER LAN BOY MINI TOWER CASE

2) ANTEC Silver Aluminum Performance 1 Series ATX Mid-Tower Case with Side Window Panel, Swiveling Front Control Panel features LED Display, Model "P-160WF"

3) Thermaltake Black Highest Xaser III Super Tower without Power Supply, Model "V1000A" -RETAIL_

4) ASPIRE (Turbo Case) Silver Super Light Weight Heavy Duty Aluminum Server Chassis with Front Back-Lighted LCD Dual Temperature Display and 2 Fan Speed Adjusters, Model "ATXA6SW/500"_

5) Thermaltake Black Xaser V Damier Full-Tower Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "V5420AU" -RETAIL_

Thanks for the help! Remember... the most important thing is cooling performance. ;)

If the most important thing is cooling, then a Vapochill is probably what you want. But I doubt you want to spend $900 on a case, so any of the Silverstone Temjin series would fit you perfectly.

Thanks for the help. I probably won't get a modded case, and certainly not a premodded one. I might stick in some of those ray tubes or something though. Thanks for the advice on the case, I'll look into it ;)

I am looking at the SILVERSTONE TEMJIN Series Black ATX Full Tower Case with Wind Tunnel, Model "SST-TJ06-B" Temjin case right now. It looks pretty sweet, thanks a bundle! My only complaint is the lack of an acrylic window. First of all, would it be possible to add one? Also, if adding one is possible. would it have any negative impacts on the cooling/noise of the case? Thanks again for all the help ;)

Originally posted by Pavlyk
Do you prefer modded cases? If yes then http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...lc.asp?CatId=32 is your place

tigerdirect is definitely not a place for modded case. They don't mod it, they just sell what others make. It's just stock. Tigerdirect is just like Newegg. They just sell what they see. www.frozencpu.com and www.xoxide.com are the places for modded case. they have varieties in the same cases and are actually mods that look good too. You'll rarely see any modded cases on tigerdirect or newegg compared to frozen or xoxide.

Ok thanks everyone, 2 questions.
The SilverStone TJ-06 Wind Tunnel looked really good, and good great reviews. My only concern is, with all the intakes, dust. Do you think this will be a significant problem? I had also checked out the Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Case, how does it stack up against the TJ-06? Also, is it possible to get a window kit that would fir the TJ-06? Thanks for the help!

geo3tech said:
tigerdirect is definitely not a place for modded case. They don't mod it, they just sell what others make. It's just stock. Tigerdirect is just like Newegg. They just sell what they see. www.frozencpu.com and www.xoxide.com are the places for modded case. they have varieties in the same cases and are actually mods that look good too. You'll rarely see any modded cases on tigerdirect or newegg compared to frozen or xoxide.

OK I GET THE POINT MAN I THINK SOMEONE ALREADY CORRECTED ME JEEZ

No matter what you do, dust is going to accumulate somewhere. The best thing to do is just get a can of air and blow it out every month or two. I personally like the Thermaltake VA3000BWA. I like the design of the case, and I like the window. But if I were going to go with a case like the TJ-06, something to look professional, I personally would have gone with something by Lian Li. I am sure that the TJ-06 is going to cool better than the Thermaltake case, just because there is more open space, and it is designed so the cpu sits near the bottom of the case and not the top. It also houses more fans than the Thermaltake case. So if your into showing off your computer, or taking it to lan parties and such, go with the Thermaltake case, its going to be smaller and lighter. But if your the guy who has to have his desk looking neat and nice, and you rarely move your computer around, get the TJ-06.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom