Best Budget Card!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know this ive already bought and installed a radeon 9800pro before, i would just prefer a 256 because i play a mmorpg and it chops up a bit when there is a lot of ppl on screen and ive heard a 256 will help, i may be wrong though.

dale5605 said:
Definitely get the X800 XL. Best PCI-E card for your budget.

This is indeed 256mb of GDDR3 memory.

16 pixel pipelines
6 vertex pipelines

400mhz core
980mhz memory
Sorry I had to find and edit in the stats.

128MB vs. 256MB does not matter in lower end cards. However in more powerful cards such as the x800 xl, it WILL make a big difference. I think this card is perfect for your budget because it has the maximum pipelines currently out in video cards (16 pixel pipes) and 256mb GDDR3 memory is also the best. Not sure where you can get it in Canada since I'm in the US. But ATI is Canada-based so I don't htink you will have any trouble. Heck the price might even be better in Canada for ati lol.

I believe it was in the case of the 9800pro the 128mb actually performed better than the 256mb version.

Augsy said:
w/e my budget is $300 canadian, about $250 american.
That's funny. Your post didn't read Canadian. :)

In that case, US$250 should get you a Gefore 6800 (not a GT or ultra model - just a regular 6800). For about US$50 less (price and performance) a 6600 GT.

Capricorn said:
That's funny. Your post didn't read Canadian. :)

In that case, US$250 should get you a Gefore 6800 (not a GT or ultra model - just a regular 6800). For about US$50 less (price and performance) a 6600 GT.

However 300$ CDN does not get you a vanilla 6800, and vanilla 6800's suck anyways.

The 128meg 6600GT outpeforms the 256 meg 6600 ANYDAY

In lower end cards, the ram amount is marketing.

Could someone explain one thing about videocards.......
The question I have is why when you buy a video card from lets say Newegg and instead of saying just nvida GeForce 6800 it says Leadtek nvida GeForce 6800. I dont get how someonelse can make someonelse's card? Thanks for clairifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom