beeps when mouse is clicked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankbandit

Baseband Member
so i get these beeps when i click on the mouse in windows. say i click on a window or item that is busy or something that doesn't respond, there is a beep from my computer. these aren't those POST beeps or anything like that. i just wanna know how to cut those beeps out!
thanx

Start -> Control Panel -> Sound and Audio Devices -> Sounds Tab

Under that you will have all the sounds that are played in windows, turn 'em off, change 'em, make 'em all say "You've Got Mail!" like AOL, whatever...

well, i have it all set to no sound schemes so that can't be it. it sounds like one of the post beeps but it's not.

I know what sound your talking about, and if windows uses it, it will be in there... Why are you trying to click on busy apps anyways? Say an installer is running, with one window in the background and one showing you the % complete on the install, why are you trying to click the background anyways? Doesn't make much sense to me.. cheers

well, say something freezes....and i just click on the background app cuz, at the moment, i don't know it's frozen and i'll here that beep. sure, i don't have to click it but i would like to know how to disable it. and i checked the windows sounds applet in ctrl panel but i'm telling you....i got it set to NO sound schemes and under the program events section all the sounds are set to "none".
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom