beeping at turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky9

Baseband Member
finally got my gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 today(replaced soltek board that seemed to be defective) put everything in, plugged everything in. processor is an amd 64bit 3200+, socket 939. when i turn the computer on, it runs, but beeps very loudly, and for a somewhat long amount of time. im assuming this isnt good, so i turn it off. what is wrong?!?!?!

i'm going on a limb here, but im going to say that because you bought a gigabyte board that you also have a decent video card (6600gt or so). Make sure you have power plugged into the card if it requires it.. Most newer cards have at least a 5v external power requirement. Without power it'll beep really loud...

Also, make sure that your ram is compatible with the motherboard. gigabyte boards are flakey with cheap ram. i tried several different sticks of ddr 433 in my motherboard and it wouldnt boot, gave beep code error.

what other components are in the system?

this isnt normal bios beeping, its warning. im almost positive its damaged cpu, because when i take the cpu out, it stops.

i have phoenix bios on this board, but i dont understand the pattern descriptions on the guide nubius sent me

I dont think it would beep if the CPU is removed I dont think the CPU is the problem. . What is the error desription?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom