Beedubaya, check this out... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Beedubaya, check this out...

This deal seems too good to be true.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4122823

Man that's a lot of money, but I really want it

Old 04-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to beedubaya

I have heard nothing but bad about PNY video cards. A friend of mine got a PNY 6600 GT and it was crap, he returned it and got a BFG and he loves it. If I get a 6800 GT, its going to be an eVGA or BFG 6800 GT OC.

Old 04-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Build Guru

beed you should no better than to fall for the stupid "OC" from bfg. just get the evga, oyu know whats said about those. besides PNY is a bad company for quality. their boards are freakin crap and they cant OC well either. im never buying another one in my life.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Sport1031

PNY BLOWS
Old 04-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I'm still confused why everyone says PNY sucks. They've been in business forever, and are carried by all of the major retailers, Best Buy, Comp USA, Circuit City, and Frys. If the PNY cards were really that poor quality, the major retailers wouldn't mess with them because their would be too many returns.

::::EDIT:::: Beedubaya isn't a n00b, he's not getting BFG for the overclock I'm sure. I'd be willing to bet he's getting one because they make good quality cards with lifetime warranties.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Build Guru

haha i know beed isnt a noob. ive know him for quite some time now and he knows prolly more than i do in computers. BUT i was just saying that about the OC im sure he already knows. now about PNY, the makor retailers only carry them because they offer the lowest price wholesale so the major buyers look and that and just jack up the prices so they get more profit. they ARE crap cause my family has messed w/ PNY for a while and yes i am running one right now so i talk w/ experience.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by P.P. Mguire
haha i know beed isnt a noob. ive know him for quite some time now and he knows prolly more than i do in computers. BUT i was just saying that about the OC im sure he already knows. now about PNY, the makor retailers only carry them because they offer the lowest price wholesale so the major buyers look and that and just jack up the prices so they get more profit. they ARE crap cause my family has messed w/ PNY for a while and yes i am running one right now so i talk w/ experience.
I'm running a PNY, so I speak from experience too. I honestly haven't had one problem with it.

I'm confused. If they offer the lowest prices wholesale, then why does newegg charge more for PNY cards than Rosewill, Apollo, XFX, Leadtek, Jaton, Chaintech, Gigabyte, AOpen, Elsa, MSI, and eVGA? PNY is actually one of the most expensive cards on newegg's site.

:::NOTE::: This sample was taken from www.newegg.com using the 6600GT AGP 8X as an example.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

pc world carries PNY thats says it all lol. there are far better brands for your money.
2x 7800GTX in SLI for 20" viewsonic
OCZ 600watt power supply
www.angelic-accessories.co.uk - plug for my gfs site
Old 04-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I use a stick of ram made by PNY i think.....
Old 04-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to beedubaya

Hmm...i dunno. I've just heard bad things about PNY, and the next thing I get, is something I am going to have complete confidence in BEFORE I buy it.

Closed Thread