Beedubaya, check this out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard nothing but bad about PNY video cards. A friend of mine got a PNY 6600 GT and it was crap, he returned it and got a BFG and he loves it. If I get a 6800 GT, its going to be an eVGA or BFG 6800 GT OC.

beed you should no better than to fall for the stupid "OC" from bfg. just get the evga, oyu know whats said about those. besides PNY is a bad company for quality. their boards are freakin crap and they cant OC well either. im never buying another one in my life.

I'm still confused why everyone says PNY sucks. They've been in business forever, and are carried by all of the major retailers, Best Buy, Comp USA, Circuit City, and Frys. If the PNY cards were really that poor quality, the major retailers wouldn't mess with them because their would be too many returns.

::::EDIT:::: Beedubaya isn't a n00b, he's not getting BFG for the overclock I'm sure. I'd be willing to bet he's getting one because they make good quality cards with lifetime warranties.

haha i know beed isnt a noob. ive know him for quite some time now and he knows prolly more than i do in computers. BUT i was just saying that about the OC im sure he already knows. now about PNY, the makor retailers only carry them because they offer the lowest price wholesale so the major buyers look and that and just jack up the prices so they get more profit. they ARE crap cause my family has messed w/ PNY for a while and yes i am running one right now so i talk w/ experience.

P.P. Mguire said:
haha i know beed isnt a noob. ive know him for quite some time now and he knows prolly more than i do in computers. BUT i was just saying that about the OC im sure he already knows. now about PNY, the makor retailers only carry them because they offer the lowest price wholesale so the major buyers look and that and just jack up the prices so they get more profit. they ARE crap cause my family has messed w/ PNY for a while and yes i am running one right now so i talk w/ experience.

I'm running a PNY, so I speak from experience too. I honestly haven't had one problem with it.

I'm confused. If they offer the lowest prices wholesale, then why does newegg charge more for PNY cards than Rosewill, Apollo, XFX, Leadtek, Jaton, Chaintech, Gigabyte, AOpen, Elsa, MSI, and eVGA? PNY is actually one of the most expensive cards on newegg's site.

:::NOTE::: This sample was taken from www.newegg.com using the 6600GT AGP 8X as an example.

pc world carries PNY thats says it all lol. there are far better brands for your money.

Hmm...i dunno. I've just heard bad things about PNY, and the next thing I get, is something I am going to have complete confidence in BEFORE I buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom