The Beastly Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I suppose for your case socket 754 should suffice nicely.

You will be ready to upgrade in a bout a year when 64bit OS comes out so it should work out well

yup you got that right and if things stay at FX-55 till mid year or the FX-57 is the only newest a64 i might not upgrade at all

For overclocking, I'm going to get a Thermalright XP-90 + Vantec Tornado to put on the XP-90 and a Vantec Nexus Fan controller

if things stay at FX-55 till mid year or the FX-57 is the only newest a64 i might not upgrade at all
True. I don't know when I'll upgrade. I'm just now barely getting my system to what I think is 'perfection' but others would view as slow and crappy. Just gotta get this 1gb of RAM OC'd and then hopefully next month I can get the 6600GT and I'll be set until next year :D And hell I'm still on socket A

You already buy the fan controller? If not I suggest the Sunbeam Rheobus. I have it and before I bought it read LOTS of reviews on fan controller and this one owns em all. 20w per channel guaranteed instead of most say 15-18w, you can actually click the fan completely off which turns off the LEDs. Which at the half way point in turning it down it turns from red to blue indicating between 0v-7v for red LED and the Blue led is 8v-12v I beieve.

Socket 939 is so much better, dont forget it runs at a faster frequency then 754, while runing alot cooler. That helps out soo much for OC. If you know anything about computers, (witch i know you do) then you honestly know 939 is the way to go for Athlon 64's. Im pretty surprised your consetering socket 754.

Also, MegDeth dont get a NewCastle chip. All the Athlons run so (SO) much better with dual channel ram/1mb cache. So get the ClawHammer. I have a 3500 NewCastle, biggest mistake i did. I should of got a 3400 Clawhammer 939.

Yeah like I said, I normally do always suggest people go with Socket 939 mainly because it's more up to date, will remain up to date, has more features, faster frequency etc..etc...

But every person has their own needs, opions, cash flow, etc...etc..

So perhaps for his sake a 754 will work out better for him although I completely understand and for the most part agree with what you say Codeine

listen would getting an AMD Athlon 64 Mobile be better it is the only 3400+ Clawhammer i can find on Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom