Battle of the Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamehameha

Baseband Member
Which of these graphics cards are better? I am making a new computer and want a graphics card that will let me play Doom 3, Far Cry, UT2k4, Halo and stuff at really good settings so which one should I get:

ATI RADEON 9800 PRO Video Card, 256MB DDR, 256-bit

or the

Nvidia 6800 Video Card, 128 MB DDR,256-Bit

(also what is the Leadtek Nvida and the Chaintech Nvidia on newegg.com, those are confusing me. Which Nvidia is the best?

Please help, I need answers by tommorrow. Thanks

chaintech and leadtek borrows the design architechture from nvidia and make their own cards, sell them cheaper and includes alot of games with them.
its no big deal if u choose generic or not, however get cards that are made by the manufacturer some will say is better.

Whoa...i wouldnt, the 9800 pro is old tech compared to the 6800, everyone here will agree with getting the 6800.

Agreed, with 16 pipelines the 6800 destroys the 9800 in every benchmark, despite having less RAM than the 9800...

yeah, coz the 9800Pro only has 8, plus the 6800 supports Shadermodel3.0 which is a big improvement over shadermodel2.0

It's a large improvement, but there isn't even a game that has been announced yet that utilizes Shader 3.0, it's just there so developers can start developing games with 3.0 technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom