Basic RAM info, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
In another thread, Nubius pointed out that I didnt know very much about OCable RAM. Well, as it turns out he was right.

This became more evident when I started to read about PCBs and BH-5 and BH-6. I have no idea what these things mean.

I was wondering if anyone has come across any sites that go into detail about some of the more advanced info on RAM?

I do know the basics of RAM (ie: bandwidth, speed, etc), so no links to www.howstuffworks.com please.

Thanks

To be honest im not completely sure what site offers all that great information. But if you search google or yahoo, you will find many sites with gret info. If theirs something i dont understand, i look it up at yahoo. I check various sites, and soon enough i''ll find that answer. But TCCD and PCB's are a very popular topic, you wont have any trouble finding information on them.

Ya, I thought that it would come down to just Googling it. I was hoping that someone would be like, "TCCD and PCB? Boy, I know just the site for you!!"

Me and my high hopes. Well, I guess this will give me something to do at work this week.

Hey, thanks a lot buddy, I'll save all of those links for when I am at work in case I run out of things to do :)

lol.... :) no problem bro.. i was bored and have about 4 hours to kill to ummmmmm pretend im sleeping so i dont have to go to work with my dad now that schools over :) wuts ur job? i have to help my dad and like 5 other guys build a 7000 square foot house.... my rich ass uncle :)

lol hope you didnt take that as being rude or anything BTW, wasn't meaning for it to come across like that....anywho I know I linked some sites, but here they are incase you didn't check them out:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=53

That's how to identify BrainpowerPCB and why it does better

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3393

scroll about 3/4 of the way down and it has a crapload of RAM timings and what they each do.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50010

A list of RAM that tells what RAM has what IC's and on what PCB's

as far as an explination of TCCD, I don't really know what to tell you besides the fact TCCD's are now the coveted IC's, although there is still some BH-5's around they were infact replaced some time ago with TCCD's which hit high FSB's with relatively low voltage, compared to BH-5's which can hit high FSB's and generally tighter timings, BUT require a lot of voltage, easily 3.2v+

BH-6s are about like BH-5s just a different revision and Winbond IC's are also in the BH-5 group.

EDIT: Oh yeah, when you TCCC basically that RAM will be like 2-3-2-6 timings opposed to TCCD will always be 2-2-2-5 so basically TCCC is a little crappier, same applies to CH-5 in most cases as well

Im doing my practicum as a network admin. Its been slow the last couple of days, and I spend a lot of my extra time researching.

@Nubius:

Thanks for those links, it seems like the more I learn the more I realize that I dont know a whole lot. I didnt figure you meant to be an ass in that other thread. Ive seen a few times where you get misunderstood, just because you are blunt:) Thanks again:D

BTW, congrats on 8000. I swear, everytime I turn around you jump up like 200-500 posts:D

yeah I'm a forum whoring SOB what can I say...as I just told someone in PM, I work for my dad selling furniture online, so yeah...I gotta upload products, keep it all up to date, so I'm pretty much online all the time......

and yeah I am pretty blunt most times....no point in being "well umm...uhh well you see thats not umm really" just gotta say "NAH THATS NOT HOW IT IS" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom