Barcode Scanner Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesesh1t

Beta member
Hi, I need a program that can work with a usb barcode scanner I have to do the following things. It is to be used primarily in a school where student id cards will be scanned. These students names are saved in an Access esque database and include all the information you would need. What I want to do is to be able to increase "points per grade" every time a student's card is scanned. For example if a grade 10 student has his card scanned, the points total for grade 10 will increase by a set increment.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

That sounds easy enough. Depending on the scanner you may need to contact the company to figure out how to program the scanner with a carriage return at the end of each read but just write an Access form that loads with the cursor in the field for the students barcode. Scan, let the scanner do the carriage return thus (through the use of tab order) entering the data in a data base. Then have a query that puts the student catalog with the scan catalog.

It's not all that different that the system used in hospitals around the country for bedside scanning of meds.

Thanks

I created a program that allows me to do this. It is made in the worst programming language ever, but the only one I know - turing. If anyone wants a copy of this program for some odd reason, just email me at unvme33@gmail.com and ill send u a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom