bad purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
i bought a new psu today....some no name 450 watt for 59.99 (was 69.99 but the guy messed up when he told me the 59.99, but gave it to me anyway for the better price)

i was mainly concerned with the 12v rail...my old 350 watt ran at 11.49 to 11.51 without overclocking.

i'm overclocking right now (225) and sandra's readin' 11.61 on the 12v with the new 450 watt....it reads 11.71 to 11.78v without.

i could of had got a psu for gaming (i forget the name, it's known though) for 120 plus tax.....but i cheaped out cause i'm a college student with limited money.

canadian prices by the way.

edit: and i'm not all that concerted with overclocking. i'm happy with the 2800+ @ 1.8ghz, but just like to overclock once and a while.

Well, as the saying goes, ya get what ya pay for :)

4W4K3 also bought a $50 PSU that was supposed to have like 35a on the +12v rail and his was dropping down to 11.5 or so too, so it seems that any PSU that's under like $80 or so and claims to have good +12v rails really won't be able to deliver.

My thermaltake 560w cost $100 at the time, has 22a on the +12v rail and the lowest it ever goes is 11.9 and that's when I had tons of fans and everything attached to it.

So considering thats the power house of your system in my experience, especially with OC'ing it's best to invest a little more

ya....i had a feelin' i was gonna get screwed someone...oh well, my 350 watt was startin' to die anyway....and my accounts bein' saved for a new graphics card anyway...which won't be cheaped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom