bad mobo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggersd

Solid State Member
I built a computer last week and am having a weird problem with it. When i turn it on the lights turn on but it wont show anything on the screen. The cd drive wont open and the hard drive has nothing going on. This is the 2nd main board i have installed. It was doing the same thing with the 1st one. When i installed the 2nd one it worked for a day. I unplugged it to take it to my parents house and now it wont work. It doesnt beep or turn the harddrive or even load up into the bios or anything. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?? Can the videocard be frying the mainboard??
Here are the specs on the computer:

POWMAX matrix case 450w
ASUS P4S800 Mainboard
Celeron D 2.93 ghz processor
NVIDIA GeFORCE MX4000 AGP 8X video 128 megs (airforce)
256 megs DDR
120gb WD ide hard drive
52x samsung cd
pci sound card

I have taken the computer to a shop and they said everything was right both times I put it together. An aquantance in charge of maintenance at Pfizer campus ( he takes care of 1800 comps)said it was the mobo dead the 1st time. I dont want to bother him again just because we arent great friends and I feel rude asking for help. I was also wondering if maybe the power supply could be doing this to the computer. The mainboard light still turns on. It is driving me nuts. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

try this take out parts you know you dont need to boot up with plus its mit be your psu is to weak. jsut plug in your hdd cd-rom and vga card.

Checked your board, and all I see is that is supports only 800Mhz FSB, when that Celeron is 533Mhz, sounds odd, but that could be it.

Dark_Sniper*:
I did what you said and it worked. All i did was unplug the cdrom and it fired up and started going into windows. Then i plugged the mouse and keyboard in and the power just shut off. what does this mean?? and thanks i am getting somewhere now maybe

Counter-Strike: it says in the manual it supporst 800/533/400 mhz fsb

one more thing. I am iffy about the power supply thing because i had it on for about 3-4 hours installing windows and all drivers. its kinda weird it worked with everything just a day ago.

Bad PSU, if it was the one that came w/ the case, then you're about 90% guaranteed you're gonna have to get a new one.

yea them psu that come with the cases are crap you just need to get a new one we can find you one jsut give us a price. and that good that it worked for a min or so lol. your getting there.

ok i have it up and running. I just bought the stuff tuesday so it is going back. i am taking back the powmax case and shuttle mobo(i ddint like it and my friend who works for cisco said it was a grey market pos). Later i noticed bad spelling on the cover of the box and it does look fake. i like the asus much better, just fits better in the case and all the screw holes are where they need to be

what psu should i get and what kind of case. i am gonna have to return it to geeks.com and they will prolly only give me store credit if i dont take the same thing. the case with psu was only $26 and the mobo was $22 so anything they have in the $50-$70 range would be good since i will be there anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom