Bad experience with Newegg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent had any trouble with them..they have amazing order processing time..I think one time I got it the next day paying for the normal shipping and was very impressed. I usually order from tigerdirect.com cause I am on this mailing list that always has incredible deals which somehow make it onto the credit card. Perhaps there is a glitch in the tigerdirect system that has my credit card on file and set to automatically charge when they send the mail? lol ;-)

Newegg won't post your reviews if you give it a low rating. However, unsatisified buyers, do not frett. There are still two ways you can make your voice heard. Either, A) give it a low rating and dont write a review. The rating is still counted toward the items rating. I've discovered after noticing an item with 3/5 stars and then reading all the reviews with 5/5 stars. Perhaps you wish to be heard more thoroughly? Ah. Option B) Give it 5/5 stars and write the review however you want. I've seen this done numerous times. Newegg might catch it somtimes, if they have someone manually go through and check, but I've seen many 5/5 that totally diss on a product.

Anyway, I don't mind all of that too much. I've seen other sites do it, too. It doesn't make much business sense to put up a few peoples bad experiences with a product yet still carry it. Bottom line is you have to know what to trust.

Newegg has VERY competitive prices for nearly everything they sell, not to mention they have unsurpassed speed and customer service. That makes them a winner in my book. Even if something is a few bucks more at newegg I'll still get it there just in case there is a problem, and so that I get it promptly, and to support a great company.

I dont think applying the thermal paste was my problem because my temps were at 48C with the stock, and then I installed and reinstalled my new one and both times my temps were at 48C and then i put my stock one back on and applied the thermal paste the same way as before and now my temps are 46-48C... and as you all have said the AS5 takes a few days before you can see it working.

I guess I should have shopped around more but it was cheap and I THOUGHT that since Newegg had such high praise everywhere that their user reviews would be a reliable place to judge a product. Anyways... here is the HS I bought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835103161

also... what is RMAing an item?:(

returning it wouldnt be worth the cost of shipping and I dont feel like getting involved in that hastle for the price.

First, Newegg doesnt Manufacture any products as far as I
know. Most anything they sell are the same brands that Zip,
Tiger, Amazon, or your local comp store sell.

Second, they tell you on their site to essentially ignore the
product reviews and consult the manufacturer for application
and use of any product they sell.

Finally, I would always consult AMD or Intel for info on which
aftermarket HSF or mobo work with a particular cpu to insure
a workable relationship to prevent these types of aggravations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom