Background lines will print on inkjet but not laser printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
Hi,

My friend is having trouble printing charts from his printer. He uses an inkjet because he says that is the only way he can get the background lines in his charts to print. I said it shouldn't matter what type of printer he used and tried printing the graphs on my computer (with a laser printer). The lines did not show very well even after adjusting the printer properties to print on dark, 600 dpi, toner save off. They were there though, but very light unlike on the screen and hard to see.

Any idea what is causing this? Do inkjets just print finer details in images like my friend thought?

Hello,

I would say this has more to do with how the chart was created than anything. Was it done in Word? Excel? Access? It could also be the color of the lines. If they are so close to white they might not be recognized by the laser printer.

Cheers,
Mak

hi,

yes the lines are a faint gray. The laser printer underprints it, the inkjet overprints it. I wiould like the lines to be more prominently displayed but there is no way to do this (it is a price charting program, the gridlines can not be modified in any way)

Is there perhaps a way to boost the printer's sensitivity to these weak lines and print them darker?

Hello,

The only way that could be done is thru the printer software if it has any.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom